Saturday, July 30, 2011

Exercising

Since about one and a half year I go two or three times a week to an exercise class. It is perfectly timed with Niels’ school, I drop him at school and then at half past seven my class starts. This movement class, as it is called, lasts 45 minutes and is varied. The exercises are a mix of pilates, yoga, steps and workout with little weights. It is designed to improve your posture en, develop your muscles and to keep you moving. Our teacher, Vinnie, is not only a good teacher who knows what he is doing, but he has a lot of humour too. Therefore we regularly have, besides exercise,  a good laugh in our class that is mainly composed of women.
Because of illness (first the kids and then I got sick too) and school holiday of Niels it had been over a month
since I last went. Usually I go once or twice a week even in school holidays since I have to be in town anyway to do shopping. But this time I just couldn’t get myself to get up so early in the cold mornings of winter just to go to the gym. Last Monday the school started again and Tuesday it was my turn to take Niels to school and I went for the first time to my class again. I was immediately punished for my laziness because the day after my legs and bum were very sore. The next day I went back, even though I was sore and although my legs were better after the warming up, now it was my arms turn. We worked with the little weights and later that day I could already feel that they were going to be sore. It will probably take me a few weeks before my body is used to the exercise again and stops protesting so much. Until that time I will just have to endure the aching muscles.
The next school holiday is luckily in summer, which makes it a lot easier to get up early and go to my classes anyway.
Regards from the bush
Miriam

No comments:

Post a Comment